The 99 Things Meme
Saw it on [Ruminations](http://blog.flexnib.com/2008/12/22/meme-3/). So, decided to do this meme.
Things you’ve already done: **bold**
Things you want to do: *italicize*
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. **Started your own blog.**
Have started a total of four blogs and have helped my previous employer in settling up blogs
2. **Slept under the stars.**
The last time I did this was maybe when I was organising Freshmen Orientation Camps when I was in University about 10 years ago.
3. **Played in a band.**
Played in my Boys’ Brigade bagpipes band as a drummer, if you can consider that as a band.
4. **Visited Hawaii.**
Yes I did. But it was a long time ago … about 20 years back.
5. *Watched a meteor shower.*
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. **Been to Disneyland/world.**
Went to Disneyland in California.
8. *Climbed a mountain.*
Well, not exactly … unless you consider Singapore’s Bukit Timah Hill, Singapore’s tallest hill, a mountain. It’s only 163.63m. 🙂
9. *Held a praying mantis.*
10. **Sang a solo.**
At my wedding dinner as ‘requested’ by the emcees.
11. Bungee jumped.
Not likely. I might get a heart attack.
12. *Visited Paris.*
Would love to be able to someday.
13. *Watched a lightning storm at sea.*
14. **Taught yourself an art from scratch.**
If you count fixing plane toy kits together.
15. Adopted a child.
16. **Had food poisoning.**
Was a really bad one.
17. *Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.*
Would love to. But I know it will take a long wait given the queues at the foot of the Statute of Liberty.
18. *Grown your own vegetables.*
Definitely planning to do once we are more settled in.
19. *Seen the Mona Lisa in France.*
I think I want to visit the Louvre more.
20. **Slept on an overnight train.**
Took an overnighter from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. I think I had a cubicle to sleep in.
21. **Had a pillow fight.**
More out of fun than anything. But nothing to shout about. Just make sure the pillows are made of sturdy stuff.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. **Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.**
Better not say too much.
24. *Built a snow fort.*
Would love to, but most unlikely unless it snows in Adelaide.
25. **Held a lamb.**
26. *Gone skinny dipping.*
Not, unless you consider swimming in the bath tub.
27. Run a marathon.
42km?!?! Can’t even finish 2.4km.
28. *Ridden a gondola in Venice.*
29. **Seen a total eclipse.**
But didn’t know what it was as I was little kid. Just know that the sky was dark when it was lunchtime.
30. **Watched a sunrise or sunset.**
31. Hit a home run.
32. **Been on a cruise.**
On the Superstar Virgo.
33. *Seen Niagara Falls in person.*
34. **Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.**
China. Went to the main city of Guangzhou, but didn’t go to the small town that my grandparents were born.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
I’m quite bad with languages. Can’t exactly manage Mandarin although it’s my second language.
37. **Had enough money to be truly satisfied.**
I feel very fortunate! Life is good as long as you don’t expect too much.
38. *Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.*
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. *Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.*
41. **Sung Karaoke.**
Favourite pasttime about 5-6 years back. Went nearly every other night.
42. *Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.*
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. *Visited Africa.*
45. **Walked on a beach by moonlight.**
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. **Had your portrait painted.**
By the Chinese artist at the Fremantle Market.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. *Seen the Sistene chapel in person.*
50. *Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.*
51. *Gone scuba diving or snorkelling.*
52. **Kissed in the rain.**
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. **Been in a movie.**
56. **Visited the Great Wall of China.**
57. **Started a business.**
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. *Visited Russia.*
60. *Served at a soup kitchen.*
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. *Gotten flowers for no reason.*
64. *Donated blood.*
65. Gone sky diving.
66. *Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.*
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. *Flown in a helicopter.*
69. **Saved a favorite childhood toy.**
70. *Visited the Lincoln Memorial.*
71. **Eaten Caviar.**
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. *Stood in Times Square.*
74. *Toured the Everglades.*
75. Been fired from a job.
76. *Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.*
77. Broken a bone.
78. **Been on a speeding motorcycle.**
Fun! But too scary to try again!!
79. **Seen the Grand Canyon in person.**
80. *Published a book.*
81. *Visited the Vatican.*
82. *Bought a brand new car.*
83. *Walked in Jerusalem.*
Would definitely like to after watching a DVD on Jerusalem.
84. **Had your picture in the newspaper.**
85. *Read the entire Bible.*
Maybe half of it.
86. *Visited the White House.*
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
Well, will just go to the supermarket to buy.
88. **Had chickenpox.**
89. *Saved someone’s life.*
90. Sat on a jury.
91. **Met someone famous.**
Met [Fandi Ahmad](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fandi_Ahmad)
92. Joined a book club.
Never wanted to, but I host one when I was a librarian.
93. **Lost a loved one.**
My mum … almost 9 years ago.
94. **Had a baby.**
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. **Owned a cell phone.**
My favourite cell phones are the iPhone and Nokia N95.
99. **Been stung by a bee.**
Thankfully, I didn’t get any allergic reactions. Just a rash that went away after a few days.